Tuesday 28 October 2014

Mundane Monday

There are definitely occasions where people will question ( I know they meant well) but as a homeschool mum, sometimes it can get really daunting having to answer all these questions on a repetitive manner. Feels like an interogation more or less... Lol

A fellow Homeschool mum posted this and i thought it was really funny and thought I posted my own views as well ;)




Actually, it's more than 7. Lol The lists are endless...

What about socialization?

We are so concerned about Socializing, how sure are we that my kids are "Socializing" when they are in school? And what more crap do they get from friends who swears and talk about nothing thats educational. I meant, yea... they mingle around but are they happy?

So, DON'T WORRY! Homeschooled kids as a matter of fact, have the most Socialble Lifestyle to such extend... we start to wonder whos the busy one in the end??!?? O.o...

Are you qualified to teach? Are you a teacher? So, you are teaching now?

Well, I get asked all the time. I won't say I am highly qualified. Infact, its far from that. And NO! I am not a teacher. But as a mother, I am FULLY qualified to know whats best for my kids.

To me, as much as the kids are learning... we are also learning together! I mean c'mon... who is perfect?Even teachers makes mistakes sometimes ;)

What do you do all day?

 What do I do? Let's see... I cook, clean, see to the kids, do crafting, chat with friends online, keep up to date with lessons, go for field trips... need I say more?

We may be homeschooling but our lifestyles is no different from any other Working or Non-Working mum! There's no difference. The only difference is, we educate from home. That's all! We have a life too y'know!

And, if you are thinking that I am such a lucky person who gets to stay home and do Nothing...please be warned in advance of the outcome..Lol

Just think, if you didn’t homeschool, you’d have more time to clean house.

Say.. what? How certain can you be? Either way, I don't seem to have enough time for cleaning! Lol. Thanks goodness, my kids are old enough to do self study and of course 3/4 of their time is stoked with gaming!
But back to this, cleaning the house is never enough time! Period.

Furthermore, my main concerns now is that the kids get a good balanced life of learning and experiences. Cleaning house can wait!

Well, for my friends who wanna come and visit, please RSVP in advance!

You must have so much patience.

Oh dear...you got to be kidding me! Some days are like a re-enactment from Nightmare on Elm Street! Ok.. not so drastic as that but yea... you get the drift.
Try staying home 24/7 with a bunch of kids who varied in ages! Its  like Old Mac Donald had a farm on a daily basis! You hear bleetings, baaaings here and there and OH! not forgetting the baton raising of an old granny...

Just to get this point straight... NO! I do not have that much patience but I try my best. I keep reminding myself whats important and count from 1-10. If that does not work... I'll keep trying until we reach a cooling point! ;) *giggles*

Do you own anything besides yoga pants?

What's wrong with Yoga pants? I think they are the best and most comfortable clothing! Well, in as much as we love dressing too but... you can't possible be on high heels while going on field trips or wearing maxy dresses when you have to roll on the floor and play messy stuffs with the kids.
There's of course appropriate dressing when the occassion requires but NOT while you're homeschooling.... Lol.. Hmmm.. Don't get my wicked brain thinking all sorts!

Since you’re home, would you mind babysitting for me?

Err..I don't mind if its an emergency. After all, I already have my own "Babysitting" home here. Lol. But hello! I am a homeschooler mum not an after school activity centre! I don't do babysitting unless necessary. Period.

Well, there are plenty of daycare centres you can enroll them in. Sorry to disappoint you, enrollment is closed for good with mine...Lol

A note to my dear darling relatives, I would help out when necessary ya? *hugs to you all*

How can you stand being with the kids 24/7?

I can fully understand. Its crazy being with your kids 24/7 and more so if you have 5 kids like me!! But NO! I don't regret one moment and I don't think I ever will. I love my kids! I enjoy being with them and am learning something new from them too everyday!

In fact, life's a circus and a tornado all at the same time everyday but yea, I've also learnt to take each day as it comes :)I guess, when I learn to prioritize whats important..it gets easier ;) Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment