Sunday 28 September 2014

SmartLife Skills

The day I made the decision to Homeschool my sons, was the day I made up my mind that, Paper Qualifications are not all that important. Dont get me wrong, education is important, YES but....in the case of my sons, Preparing them for Basic Living Skills, Building their confidence and all is the utmost importance - for now.

Knowledge can be learnt everyday! When we go Grocery shopping, its a learning experience. I  take them to Museums, Science Centres, Parks.... these are all Learning experiences too.

My sons have been bullied in school all through their Primary years and now that they are 14 years old.... I have to rebuild their lives, what have been lost. Nothing is ever too late right?

Anyhow, we enrolled the twins in a SmartSkill Programme over the weekend. They enjoyed themselves and I was beginning to see a light in their being. I saw Confidence slowly growing from deep within. I was truly excited. Its been dormant for far too many years and I truly want to thank God for leading us through the dark tunnels which we had to face those years.

I am enjoying every bit of the day spending time with my kids and especially the boys.

If you wish to find out more about SmartLife Skills, please do check out this site.


No comments:

Post a Comment